Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tools pegboard with sliding door

RUNNINGS
Growing in Experience

Tools pegboard with sliding door

I have built tools pegboard with sliding doors in front of shelves in a garage.20230312_173542.jpg20230312_173552.jpgIMG-20230127-WA0020.jpgIMG-20230127-WA0021.jpgIMG-20230312-WA0007.jpgIMG-20201022-WA0000.jpgIMG-20201022-WA0001.jpgIMG-20201022-WA0002.jpgIMG-20201022-WA0003.jpgIMG-20201022-WA0004.jpgIMG-20201022-WA0005.jpgIMG-20201022-WA0006.jpgIMG-20201022-WA0007.jpgIMG-20201022-WA0008.jpgIMG-20201022-WA0009.jpg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Tools pegboard with sliding door

Hi @RUNNINGS,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is awesome you have decided to join and jump straight in with sharing your tools pegboard with sliding doors project. 

We would love to know more about your project and your process for achieving a great result. Was it difficult to create the sliding doors? Any considerations someone would need to take on board if they would like to make a tools pegboard with sliding doors of their own? 

Again, well done!

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: SLIDING DOOR/TOOLS PEGBOARD WITH SHELVES

Hi @RUNNINGS 

Thank you for sharing your sliding tool door project. What an ingenious way to not only add more space to hang tools, but to maximize the use of your shelf space. I'm sure our members would be keen to know how you attached the sliding drawer runners and the door to your shelf.

Any other additional information you can share about your project would be very much appreciated.

Eric

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@RUNNINGS 

I really like your solution to storing your tools! What made you think outside the square for the drawer runners? Brilliant idea! I will keep that in mind for use myself I think. The sliding doors I like even more so, Really good way of using a space twice. 

Have you run into any issues with weight on the doors or the sliding pegboard? I always have to hunt for my tins of paint or whatever, this would make life easier!

Nice work

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Dave-1 

I definitely agree, it was an ingenious way of doubling the storage space on the walls and makes for a great excuse to buy more tools! 

Eric

RUNNINGS
Growing in Experience

Hi,

Thank you for your compliment, yeah you’re right about buying more tools, I did and I have prepared long list of tools were used in this project and they’re also very useful for future projects.

Runnings

RUNNINGS
Growing in Experience

Hi Katie,

Firstly thank you so much for your comments, really excited to share about my projects. Please stand by for Updates/Upgrade. In the mean time I would love to insert below a list of tools I have used for this project. See below:-

Cheers,

Runnings

20230403_234450.jpg

20230403_234600.jpg

20230403_233113.jpg

RUNNINGS
Growing in Experience

Hi Dave,

Happy to hear that you like my storing solution for tools and other miscellaneous items. Please note I have used Goliath Soft Close Drawer Slide Pair - 400mm. Which is weight rated to 45 Kgs. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you require any information.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@RUNNINGS 

45kg's is a fair weight :smile: I just really liked the outside of the box use. My mind is ticking over other ways I could use the rails.

Dave

RUNNINGS
Growing in Experience

ADDITION TO TOOLS PEGBOARD SLIDING DOORS OVERHEAD SENSOR LED LIGHTS WITH HEADER & EXTRA TOP SHELVE

Addition to Tools pegboard with Sliding doors

OVERHEAD SENSOR LED LIGHTS WITH HEADER PLUS EXTRA TOP SHELVE

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects