Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas wanted to convert garage to lounge and play area

MelissaL
Just Starting Out

5618C49C-72D2-4032-9BEB-5A0B6EFCD33B.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ideas to convert garage to lounge/play area

Hello @MelissaL 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about creating a lounge/play area. 

What an excellent opportunity to create a room that will allow you to rest, relax and play. I suppose it depends on the age of your children and the type of play equipment you would like to put into the area. 

I suggest dividing the room into small sections, parts that will allow the kids to play video games, an area for reading with a shelf dedicated for books, a long desk for arts and crafts. A dedicated table for board games. 

For me personally, I believe the key to the entire area is the couch. It has to be comfortable, long enough to stretch yourself in and has to fit the entire family when sitting down. The ability to make a hot drink and have a cold beer is always a plus and don't forget a spot for the snacks.

Can you please tell me what are the dimensions of the room? I'll be more than happy to draw up a plan for you.

Let me call on our experienced members @prettyliving, @redbournreno, @craftyhopper and @lifestylebymari for their recommendations.

If there is anything you would like to include in the design, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects