Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to renovate garage walls and internal door?

1ryanoldham
Just Starting Out

How to renovate garage walls and internal door?

G’day, We purchased our house recently and keen to tackle the internal garage walls and internal garage door that leads to the yard. For the walls I’m thinking;

1. Insulate 

2. Plasterboard 

3. Plaster 

4. Paint

Any thoughts on finishing it off that way?

Lastly, the gate is pretty unique and what I really want is a simple door access setup that keeps the elements out but still having access to the yard. Any suggestions/inspiration would be appreciated?

IMG_2764.jpeg

Cheers

IMG_2763.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to renovate garage walls and internal door?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @1ryanoldham. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about finishing garage walls.

What you've mentioned sounds entirely possible. It appears as if the section in your image is ready to go; just add the insulation and plasterboard over it.

You can certainly create a custom door that will seal the elements out. The first step would be fixing the framing timber around the opening and then installing a door jamb. Once the door jamb is set, you can take measurements from it and start building the door. If the opening is less than 920mm wide, then you could cut a Duracote door down to suit. If the gap is wider than 920mm, you'd need to build the door yourself or have something custom-made.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects