Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to re-hang a garden shed door?

BigFella1956
Building a Reputation

How to re-hang a garden shed door?

Hello Everyone!, I have a steel garden shed, 6m X 3m. Today, the left opening door (when looking front on) was caught in strong wind and the door was almost ripped off its hinges of which there are 3 in total with each secured by 6 rivets - 3 into the door frame and 3 into the shed frame. I have an idea or 2 how to fix, however, I thought I'd see if the Workshop Universe could make any recommendations that I have not thought of. See 3 pictures below. Regards, Chris

Shed 3.jpgShed 2.jpgShed 1.jpg

BigFella1956
Building a Reputation

Re: Re-hanging garden shed door

G’day Mike T, thanks for the feedback and you’re welcome. People like me who are jacks and Jill’s of all trades but masters of none are very fortunate to have access to people like you but we can’t expect you to be mind readers can we!? Hence the photos. I very much appreciate the quick responses from yourself and others. To close the loop on the shed door, there was not enough room between the door and frame to use screws of any kind so I used 150mm t hinges secured on both sides with security bolts through the metal and some merbau to strengthen the whole shibang and I put a chain on the door (thanks Dave). All the best mate, Chris

Re: Re-hanging garden shed door

Great, thanks for letting us know @BigFella1956

Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have a project to share with other members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects