Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install wall-mounted shelves on garage wall?

JanaF
Finding My Feet

How to install wall-mounted shelves on garage wall?

I would love to get some wall mounted shelving for my garage wall. It is 3m (H) x 6m (W). Just wondering what I could do? 

IMG_5148.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garage shelving solution

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JanaF. It's fabulous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing shelving.

What are you planning on storing? If you can let us know more about what you'll be placing on the shelves, including the approximate weight of the items, that will assist our members in providing informed guidance.

Systems like the Flexi Storage wall strips, brackets and shelves are a convenient and easy-to-install option. Alternatively, you could look at installing stayed brackets and your own choice of shelving for a more heavy-duty approach. Check out our range of garage storage solutions.

Here are some helpful guides: Easy ways to create a multi-use garage, 5 tips to organise your garage and How to organise your garage.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you! 

I want 2 rows of shelving that are wall mounted. I want it to have a heavy load bearing. I would like to have a 1600 clearance from the floor and then two rows above that. See diagram below.

Thank you kindly!IMG_5151.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Then I'd suggest the easiest and most heavy-duty option would be to install stayed brackets at the required height and fix melamine panels onto them for the shelves. Here's a helpful guide: How to drill into bricks.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for the tips and advice! :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects