Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Chamberlain RollerLift Plus in double garage?

ben1984
Finding My Feet

How to install Chamberlain RollerLift Plus in double garage?

Hi,

I'm looking at installing the Chamerlain rollerlift plus (https://www.bunnings.com.au/chamberlain-rollerlift-plus-roller-garage-door-opener_p0133220) for my double garage, but I haven't been able to find any tutorials or videos on how to do this with a double roller door. 

My double roller door also has the roller mechanism on the inner side, not sure if this is normal (see pic)? , so I also want to check whether it's even possible to install this type of automatic roller?

Thanks!

IMG_2484.jpgIMG_2483.jpgIMG_2482.jpgIMG_2481.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install Chamberlain RollerLift Plus in double garage?

Hello @ben1984 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about installing a garage door opener.

If you have the installation booklet handy, you'll notice that in page 17 the illustration it's showing is a continuous double door not a split double door. You'll need another garage door opener for the other side. 

In regards to installation spacing, as long as you have the required 45mm gap and the required space at the top you should be able to install the garage opener to your roller door.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How To Install A Garage Door Opener 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @EricL, I’ve bought the single roller and went to install it on one side, but due to the height of the garage door I’m struggling to do it with one person.

I want to avoid having to pay someone to do it for me, so wondering what the best method is? My ladder doesn’t reach to rest the roller on, so I was thinking maybe I could use a stand/mount?

14B84E02-BD56-4300-A31E-5AC9BA0ACED7.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @ben1984 

I totally understand your desire to install this by yourself. I suggest calling on your mates and relatives who are strong and have their own set of ladders. I recommend inviting them over and asking them to bring their ladders to help you install the Chamberlain.

Compensation can be made by providing their favourite icy, cold beverage along with a bucket of spicy chicken or their preferred meal. It's a much more affordable paid service and you get to enjoy their company as well.    

Since you'll be using ladders, please have a look at this guide - How to use ladders safely.

Please remember to wear personal safety equipment such as gloves and goggles when working on your project.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects