Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Ametalin liner?

bluesue
Growing in Experience

How to install Ametalin liner?

Help needed, how do I attach the Ametalin 1350mm x 6.67m Thermal Liner to my tin roof or back or garage roller door? Thanks

bluesue
Growing in Experience

Re: How to install Ametalin liner?

Thanks @mikepilling2 

bluesue
Growing in Experience

Re: how to

Hi @MitchellMc  I finally received my  reflecta GDI V2 insulation will let you know how it goes putting it on the roller door and how well it works. Thanks for your advice 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's great to hear @bluesue. Keep us updated on the installation, and reach out if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bluesue
Growing in Experience

Hi @MitchellMc which silicone product would I use to attach the insulation to the garage roller door? 

Someone also suggested maybe Sikaflex may work? Your thoughts. Thanks 

Sue 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @bluesue,

Gutter silicone is the preferred product for applications like this. However, given that it's a moving part, and they've specified an industrial silicone, it might be best to upgrade to engineering-grade silicone. You could likely use Sikaflex 11FC, and it would probably work, but I haven't had that recommended specifically.

Mitchell

bluesue
Growing in Experience

Thanks @MitchellMc i won’t be using the roller door at all. Does this make a difference?

thanks Sue 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

The standard gutter silicone will be fine then @bluesue.

Mitchell

bluesue
Growing in Experience

Thank you. I’m in the store now 👍🏼

bluesue
Growing in Experience

Hi @MitchellMc when attaching the insulation to the non working  garage roller door with the silicone what would you suggest to hold the insulation in place until the silicone has dried, the ametalin tape or the ametalin double sided tape. Thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @bluesue 

I suggest using the Ametalin 38mm x 50m Double Sided Insulation Fixing Tape. This will hold the insulation in place until the silicone cures.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects