Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix damaged cornice?

Maymay
Building a Reputation

How to fix damaged cornice?

How to fix the ceiling strip corner thank you

3941B82A-4650-492C-B83E-FA9B286F42B2.jpeg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to fix the ceiling strip corner thank you

Hi @Maymay 

Thank fully damage not to great  yet  I would  use no liquid nails to glue  behind the  cornice  be very care full to just place the  glue on the wall and press the cornice onto glue.

Press the cornice on to the glue it wont stick right awy so let the wall transfer some glue and let it sit 10 minutes  then re press cornice to the wall this time it should hold like using contact cement.  Just to be sure drill a screw or two under the cornice to hold it weight in place by morning it will be fixed.

Remove  screws.

Clean up any loose paint egdes and peeling and use  no more  gaps into the cornice and wall joins ,  use caulking gun and push excess in  with finger if necessary till smooth 

A clean wet  WHITE cloth will let you wipe away any excess and you may not have to repaint the wall egdes.

Always  use white clothes for white area clean ups so you know they are clean.  Dark  clothes can mark white areas. 

Hope its fixed soon

as that cornice has  moved ??  might be wise to check the rest of the room for problems

Hi Jewelleryrescue

Thank you for the prompt reply, but something I still not too understand, could you tell me what material I have to buy such as no liquid nails, what sort of glue, then it is easier for me to buy at Bunnings 

best regards 

Maymay 

Hi @Maymay 

Glue  is  ( liquid nails)  Selleys 80g Liquid Nails Clear Construction Adhesive I/N: 1232438  $12.55

https://www.bunnings.com.au/selleys-80g-liquid-nails-clear-construction-adhesive_p1232438

Final finish gaps   is (No more gaps)  Selleys 150g White No More Gaps Multipurpose Gap Filler Tube 

Hi Jewelleryrescue

Thank you very much, it is much better for me, I will update my post when the job is done

Best regards

Maymay 😊

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It's great to see that @Jewelleryrescue has provided some great advice @Maymay.

Please let us know if you have further questions or run into difficulties.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Maymay
Building a Reputation

AA031439-A777-4295-B51B-26B645A22BED.jpeg

Thank you @Jewelleryrescue has provided some great advice for me, already maintained 😊

thanks a lot 

Maymay 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That looks fantastic @Maymay. I'm sure you are very pleased with those results.

Well done!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects