Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add a door on garden shed?

ralphy
Getting Established

How to add a door on garden shed?

I am installing a garden shed at the corner of my block. Size occupies the whole space thus no access to go through.

query:

Whats the best way to add a door? No choice but to put wooden studs, cut out a door using a grinder, then make a door using wood timber frame and cover with the sheet that i cut out?

whats a good combination manual lock to use for this door?

ralphy_0-1712707618562.jpeg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to add a door on garden shed?

Morning @ralphy 

I was thinking a welded frame to fit, with small angle iron - corrugated iron cut to fit and pop-riveted in place. Bracing if required.

Pop-riveted or welded hinges to the shed.

20240410_103518.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to add a door on garden shed?

Hi @ralphy 

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Noyade. One way to assemble the frame if you are not in possession of a welding machine is to use Fortress Gates 1850mm Gate E Frame End. You can then screw on any front panel you like such as Lysaght 2400 x 820mm Surfmist Mini Orb Colorbond Sheet or Marine Plywood.

Just keep in mind that the heavier the material the heavier the door will be. In regards to the combination lock, I suggest looking at the Master Lock Stainless Steel Combination Lock. It's made of stainless steel for extreme corrosion resistance.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects