Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I get a slab or cheaper options for a 3m x 1.52 Bunnings shed please?

Mooney69
Just Starting Out

How can I get a slab or cheaper options for a 3m x 1.52 Bunnings shed please?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how can I get a slab or cheaper options for a 3m x 1.52 Bunnings shed please?

Hello @Mooney69

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about a base for your shed. 

There are a few options such as building a timber frame, using large heavy pavers and making a concrete slab. Among the three only building a concrete slab gives you longevity and a viable anchor point for the shed. With the local council rules in mind, a shed must be anchored properly to prevent it from blowing away in a storm. Timber as you know deteriorates faster and is not as long-lasting as concrete. Pavers on the other hand tend to spread out and let water in making your shed very damp inside.

If this is a long-term investment, I recommend using Bastion 20kg Concrete Mix to build your slab. From a cost point of view building a concrete slab is a good way to protect the items in your shed because you can seal the bottom of the shed to the concrete floor.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide:  How to pour a concrete slab by @tom_builds

You are some links to previous discussions about shed bases:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects