Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Does Bunnings help maintain bandsaws or knows of someone who does?

TheProff
Just Starting Out

Does Bunnings help maintain bandsaws or knows of someone who does?

IMG_0883.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Does Bunnings help maintain bandsaws or knows of someone who does?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @TheProff. It's excellent to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about bandsaw maintenance.

What sort of maintenance does your machine require? If you are after simple troubleshooting or advice on replacing the blade, our members would likely be able to assist. Let us know what the trouble is, and if you have any questions we can help with.

We have some keen woodworkers, @r23on, @woodenwookie, @Brad and @Poppop who could offer some fantastic guidance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
woodenwookie
Making a Splash

I would recommend checking out a saw doctor (do you have those in Australia?) They'd be able to give the blades a good checking and should be able to help you get the best out of it.

Also you could ask a local wood turner.

Super_D
Becoming a Leader

I have the same bandsaw, I had trouble getting my blade to run and I ordered a new rubber for the wheels from Bunnings special orders.

This fixed all the the problems, my saw was not that old and I thought the rubber would be ok , and as I had the right size blade and I could not get it to fit right. I did find it frustrating getting the blade right. It was an easy job to change the rubber wheel..

Give that a go as my saw was not that old and the rubber was not good and warn, it has been going good for a few years now.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects