Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My laundry reno

Highlighted
Junior Contributor

Re: My laundry reno

Looks fantastic @ProjectPete, well done! I love the tiled splashback. 

Highlighted

Hi 

love the result. 

Noticed you have a slider door like we do.

did this pose an issue at all.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @Ticcas and thanks for joining in the discussion. I'm sure you'll find lots of great information, advice and inspiration here on the site. And plenty of like-minded community members.

I'm sure @ProjectPete will be happy to answer your question about the sliding door. Please post again soon. I'm looking forward to reading about your own projects and plans.

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @Ticcas - very proud of this project! No issue with the sliding door as I ended the benchtopon the outside of the 'frame' (brick wall) if that makes sense, ie. I didn't cut the wood to fit into the sliding door recess.

Is that what you meant?

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @homeprojectco
Highlighted
New Contributor

Nice. What timber did you use? And where was it purchased from?
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @dmck. I'm sure @ProjectPete will be happy to answer your question about the benchtop. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. It's great to have you join us. I'm sure you will find plenty of useful advice, information and inspiration on Workshop. I trust you also have projects you can share to inspire others! 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@dmck Its actually just a couple of Tasmanian Oak project panels from our good friends at Bunnings :smile:

----------
Handy and helpful
Highlighted
New Contributor

Awesome thanks :smile:

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi @ProjectPete  I know this is an old project but I love the fact that you have shared with us on workshop the major steps involved in completing your laundry re -model.  It's so neat, with clean lines and so easy - user friendly.

My laundry is a bit dated and has a floor waste on the outside only, meaning it looks like it has one that maybe got filled as there isn't one in the actual laundry, which I've discovered since we hit level 4 water restrictions Nov gone, and I'd had to count how many times I've flooded the laundry, but that's another story I won't get into. (or I may just swear!)

I would dearly love some more storage, but for now there is nothing really wrong with the laundry, besides the missing floor waste, so I can't justify doing anything in there so I've put in some shelves to help out.

Thanks again for all your amazing information I appreciate it and can see so many others feel the same.  

Old Gal

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the message @Old-gal24. It's always nice to know that the time/effort I put into this awesome community is helpful and appreciated!
----------
Handy and helpful

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects