Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace bathroom sink plug and waste?

BB74
Just Starting Out

How to replace bathroom sink plug and waste?

Hi all,

Hoping for advice, trying to change my bathroom sink as the current plug hole is dirty and stained and it doesn't matter how much I clean it I cannot restore it. Have a new plug and waste ready to go however unable to get the thread/nut directly under sink. My wrench only opens to 300mm so cannot grip and cannot unscrew with hands. What sort of tool would help fit around this I believe it's at least 7cm measured on the new one. Assuming then it's not tightly sealed with grip glue in which case I may have a problem attempting to change myself.

not sure why it turned sideways but im trying to loosen thread under black rubber sealnot sure why it turned sideways but im trying to loosen thread under black rubber seal

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom Sink plug and waste

Hello @BB74

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about removing your plug and waste.

I suggest using either Multi-Grip pliers with an opening larger than 300mm or a Strap Wrench. These tools should be sufficient enough to grip the locking ring of your current plug and waste. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your new plug and waste installed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BB74
Just Starting Out

Re: Bathroom Sink plug and waste

thanks for that will see how we go with those

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects