Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you paint a bath?

LukeBrowning
Budding Contributor

Can you paint a bath?

We've got a pink bath in our place and I hate it. We've had people say you can get a bath re-enamelled but I wondered whether you could DIY. Could I paint it myself? With what? How would I stop it chipping off? Thanks, Luke

Here's a pic

Pinkbath.JPG

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Re: Can you paint a bath?

Welcome to Workshop @LukeBrowning.

This is a D.I.Y. project you might like to tackle. The following video should have all the information you need.

Hopefully other members of the Workshop community might also like to share their thoughts and advice. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

aly
Super Contributor

Hey @LukeBrowning, i've never attempted to paint a bath myself but i've seen and heard some good reports. In a previous place I rented you could tell the bath had been repainted as there were some minor chips and the original green underneath was exposed. The entire house had had a makeover and you could tell it was done on the cheap so i'm assuming the effort put in probably wasn't at its highest. I wouldn't discount painting a bath as an option but i'd definitely take the time to do it right and ensure the correct coating is applied. Great way to really enhance the appearance of a bathroom!

Kermit
Valued Contributor

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects