Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove the drawers on an Estilo 750mm vanity unit?

hprider
Growing in Experience

How to remove the drawers on an Estilo 750mm vanity unit?

How do I remove the drawers on the estilo 750mm vanity unit. 

17036542008904059804919152036276.jpg

hprider
Growing in Experience

Re: How to remove the drawers on an Estilo 750mm vanity unit?

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for your reply. 

I have removed the front panel and have attached photos. The metal piece I have circled does not move but appears to push something in the rnner for the slow release. At the point this happens the inside runner is not accessible. 

Many thanks,

Heather 

20231230_164843.jpg

20231230_164825.jpg

20231230_164817.jpg

20231230_164805.jpg

  

20231230_164830.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hmmm, the mystery continues, @hprider. So sorry this is proving difficult.

There must be a contact point or bump stop when the drawer is fully open that stops it from rolling straight off the track. The contact point typically will have a button or device that needs to be depressed to retract it, allowing the drawer removal. Open the drawer fully until it hits this bump stop, then return it slightly. Repeat this process and listen to where the drawer and cabinet sliders are making contact. The location that is making that contact noise is likely where the button for release is located.

I know you mentioned that you tried it before, but with the drawer in the closed position (as pictured), lift the front as high as it will go and pull it out whilst holding the drawer front up.

If we can't solve this issue ourselves, I'll need to contact Estilo after the break to get some assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @hprider 

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How to remove the drawers in a Mondella Rococo floating vanity? by @Eonevans. The drawer runner setup looks very similar. A locking screw that is hidden at the front of the drawer runner might be the key to removing it.

Red

drawer.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

hprider
Growing in Experience

Dear Mitchell,

Thank you for the above suggestions. I have tried the above but unfortunately I have been unsuccessful. Apart from the plumber I have asked another family member to follow these instructions carefully but unfortunately we have not been able to release the drawer.

Hopefully Estilo can provide some further ideas.

Thanks again!

Heather 

hprider
Growing in Experience

Hi Red,

Thank you for your message and suggestion. I have now removed these screws on both sides  but unfortunately this hasn't released the drawer.

Heather 

17040721137876309949932810533263.jpg

Hi @hprider,

Just an update that I've contacted the supplier and have requested they supply details on how to remove these drawers. I'll update you as soon as they've responded.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell 

hprider
Growing in Experience

Many thanks Mitchell. 

Heather

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @hprider 

Now that you've removed the screws underneath the drawer, I suggest trying this technique. Hold the front of the drawer and see if you can lift it up, don't lift the back at the same time just front end. It might be a little tight, but you should be able to lift it up. I've placed a sample image below to give you an idea of how you might be able to remove it. Please let me know if the drawer comes off.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing the drawer taken off.

Eric

hprider
Growing in Experience

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your message and suggestion. Unfortunately this did not work. The plumber returned to work on the sink and also tried this technique with no luck. 

Heather 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @hprider 

I'm sorry that the drawer did not come out. Allow me to investigate further as soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects