Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to refresh bathroom tiles?

ventodimare
Building a Reputation

How to refresh bathroom tiles?

20231209_095431.jpg

Hello.

In the pic there are my bathroom tiles. I canno afford to re-tile the walls, so I looked up in the Web and the only option I've found is to "repaint' the existing tiles (I'll choose white color). Is there any other option beside repainting?

Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tiles revamp

Hi @ventodimare,

Painting the tiles would be a relatively straightforward and low-cost approach to re-vamping the tiles. I'd suggest using the Dulux Renovation range of tile paint and following this guide: How to paint bathroom tiles.  

Alternatively, you could look at installing wet area panelling if you want to change up the tiled look. These panels can be installed over the tiles, though they would require more of a time and effort investment than the painted option.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to refresh bathroom tiles?

Hello @ventodimare,

I agree with @MitchellMc that painting your tiles would be a great option to give your bathroom a new look. We've had many members exercise this option. You can find some terrific examples in Bathroom makeovers using paint if you're after some project inspiration. 

Do keep us updated on your bathroom project. We'd love to see the final look you create.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects