Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to level floor after removing old laundry cabinet?

jordanperret
Growing in Experience

How to level floor after removing old laundry cabinet?

1000000320.jpg

1000000321.jpg

 Hi there,

I've recently removed an old metal laundry (with difficulty) and wanted to know the best way to fix the floor. Can I use a self level cement?

Thanks, Jordan.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Levelling floor after removing old laundry cabinet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jordanperret. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about levelling a floor.

You can certainly use a product such as Dunlop 20kg Ardit Floor Leveller. The area must be free from dust and debris and coated with Dunlop 4L Multipurpose Primer. If you need to fill more than 25mm in height, this must be done in multiple pours. Apply the primer to the cured previous pour before applying the next one.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell, very helpful. Can't wait to get stuck in.

Keep us updated, @jordanperret, and reach out if you have further questions or get stuck.

Mitchell

1000000348.jpg

Worked brilliantly. I purchased the 1L primer instead which was plenty. Did 2 layers but probably could have added an aggregate as mentioned on the concrete package as it was a small area but relatively deep. Still happy with the outcome. Thanks a lot.

Love your work, @jordanperret!

Please keep us updated on your project and reach out again anytime you need assistance.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects