Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to renovate a bathroom on a budget?

maramakaieti
Just Starting Out

How to renovate a bathroom on a budget?

It an old bathroom,trying to get rid of the mould everytime it comes back.The door is always moved the door mat when you open it.It has a shower and a non using bath.I really need help on where to start off.

1How to make a plan

2What tools to use.

3 .Tips .

Everything that can help me to change this bathroom into a beautiful bathroom for my family please.

I will post every photos as I can.

Many thanks

Marama

IMG_20240323_142618.jpg

IMG_20240323_142725.jpg

IMG_20240323_142655.jpg

IMG_20240323_142637.jpg

  

IMG_20240323_142729.jpg

IMG_20240323_142631.jpg

IMG_20240323_142651.jpg

IMG_20240323_142618.jpg

IMG_20240323_142626.jpg

IMG_20240323_142644.jpg

 Really appreciate all your times .

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to renovate a Bathroom on a budget.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @maramakaieti. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about renovating a bathroom.

You might like to start by reading through this guide: How to plan a bathroom renovation. For some inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular bathroom renovations and these previous budget bathroom renovations that our talented members have contributed.

To transform your old bathroom, start by planning carefully. Assess the layout, address any issues like mould, which could indicate a water leak, and set a budget. Decide on the extent of the renovation—full or cosmetic. Consider your needs and preferences for fixtures and design. Throughout the planning process, prioritise functionality, choose durable materials, and maximise storage. Take your time for quality results, and track progress with photos. 

I always recommend members start by writing down a list of all the things they dislike and like about the current layout. Then, create a second list of everything you'd like to include in the new bathroom. From that list, select items that fall within your budget, make those the basis of the renovation, and work from there.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects