Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a chip in the bath?

Tracylee
Getting Established

How to fix a chip in the bath?

Hi,  I have a big chip / hole in my bath.  I filled the holes with wet silicone but now realise that is not going to do the job.  Please could someone provide me with suggestion on what material to use. Thank you

1000008982.jpg

1000008983.jpg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to fix a chip in the bath?

Many thanks for your question, @Tracylee and sorry to hear about your chipped bathtub.

I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be able to provide some suggestions as soon as he can. Let me also call upon our helpful members @Jewelleryrescue and @Dave-1 to see if they have any thoughts in the meantime. 

While waiting, you might also like to read our Best Advice article How to fix a chip in bathtub? in case it helps.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Tracylee 

If you are after strong robust repair, I suggest using Selleys 50g Knead It Aqua Epoxy Putty.  It is a hand kneadable, fast-setting co-extruded epoxy repair system. Suitable for use on fibreglass, wood, ceramics, metal, concrete, glass, masonry and most plastics.

I suggest removing all of the silicone you used on the repair before applying the putty. My best advice is to mix only what you need and mix the putty very well in your hand to get full activation. 

Please note that the putty dries in a light grey colour and will not match your tubs white finish. It is possible to disguise it with white paint, but you'll need to touch up the surface once in a while as the paint will eventually chip off.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Tracylee 

Sorry I have been a little busy, my first thought was a fiberglass repair kit but after reading @EricL 's suggestion Id probarly try that way first. 

I am not sure how to make the surface smooth again after the repair is all. Defenintly heading towards that malluable putty idea.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects