Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect washing machine inlet hose to inlet water pipe?

kunmit254
Just Starting Out

How to connect washing machine inlet hose to inlet water pipe?

Hello,

i am trying to fix the washing machine inlet hose (B) to the inlet valve (A). but its not fitting in because of a metal plate ( white coloured) in the back (C). Please  refer the attached image.

Looks like the metal on the back side is blocking it. How do i fix the hose to the valve?

Also, i am not sure if the inlet hose is the right one to fit or do i need an additional adapter?

Can you please guide? 

Thanks

Inlet hose.jpgIMG_4229.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect washing machine inlet hose to inlet water pipe?

Hello @kunmit254 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your washing machine inlet pipe.

It's possible that an extension might help you attach the hose to your laundry tap. I propose using a Brasshards 20mm Brass Male / Female Threaded Adaptor to extend the reach of the outlet. I recommend using FIX-A-TAP 12mm x 8m Thread Seal Tape on the threaded outlet of the tap before putting the brass piece on. 

I recommend not overtightening the connection of the brass extender, your goal is to have it firmly on so that it is not loose. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects