Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add a wall mounted dryer?

rp2114
Just Starting Out

How to add a wall mounted dryer?

Is there enough wall space above the bench to install a wall mounted dryer? if not, I want to put in a stacked washer and dryer into my laundry room, however Id have to remove the bench top. Which trade should I contact to remove and replace the existing bench top to only surround the sink?

IMG_3581.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to add a wall mounted dryer?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @rp2114. We're pleased to have you join us.

I suspect it's going to be difficult for community members to assist you without some measurements. Can you please let us know exactly how big is the gap between your blind and the overhead cupboards? And is there a specific dryer you are looking at? Do you know it's dimensions?

I would be hesitant to remove your bench space. We find most laundry renovators on Workshop are trying to find ways of adding bench space to their laundries. But if you did want to trim it, we would need to know what material it is made from to provide some advice on next steps. For example, is it laminate, or stone?

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Hi @rp2114,

Welcome along to Bunnings Workshop, it's great to have you here!

One question when installing a drier in that configuration, is what is on the other side of that wall that it will be mounted to?

Reason I ask this, is because you will more than likely need to vent the drier outside through some sort of a ducting.

Usually these are around about 90 -100 mm in diameter, you cannot afford to not duct the drier to the outside of your house, unless you want to

end up with moisture problems during the winter or to compromise the performance of your drier over a very short period of time.

Not ducting things like driers outside, owing to the amount of heat they generate to dry clothes, has been found to be a fire hazard and a number of laundry rooms have started house fires when the drier has been left un-attended.

I'm not trying to scare you, but if you want a proper installation, get some ducting and do the job once.

Cheers,

Mike T.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @rp2114 

I suspect that it will be possible to hang your dryer onto your laundry wall, but it will definitely help our members if you can provide us with some measurements. I suggest placing your tape measure right in front of your roller blind and measuring the gap all the way to the wall cabinet. This will be the allowable space for the dryer. Can you also please tell us the type and model of your dryer. We'll then be able to provide suggestions for hanging brackets and ducting solutions.

We'll explore the other options once you provide us with the measurements.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects