Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a damaged toilet pan collar or install an offset?

bevantay
Just Starting Out

How to replace a damaged toilet pan collar or install an offset?

Any suggestions how to replace a toilet pan collar or to install an pan offset into existing pan collar?

I was trying to get a 30mm offset and mistakenly thought I could PVC cement the offset pipe to the pan collar. However the PVC cement will not stick to the plastic collar.

So now I have a partially cut collar that I need to replace, or need a way to get an offset.

Internal collar hole diameter is around 94mm so standard offset pipe 110mm will not fit, so I removed the rubber seal thinking I could cement it.

Could I use builders bog to get the plastic and PVC to hold?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

PXL_20231218_051350870.MP.jpg

PXL_20231218_051412404.MP.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to replace a damaged toilet pan collar or install an offset?

Hi @bevantay,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you as one of our new members. We trust you'll find lots of helpful advice and project inspiration on the site. 

Let me tag some helpful members to share their thoughts with you about this repair job: @EricL@TedBear@JDE.

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand or have a project to share with the community.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Hi @bevantay,

I take it this is the soil pipe coming out of the back of your toilet wash-pan?

Unless you're a craftsman plumber, you shouldn't be messing with sanitary/ sewage pipework, there are rules against this

both in Australia and New Zealand.

Personally I would hire a qualified plumber to look at this.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Thanks Mike, actually I managed to get a plumber out today and solution was to cut the pan connection off and removed the old connection. Now I have a compliant fitting and install toilet. Thank you

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @bevantay 

I'm glad you got your plumbing sorted out. With these type of plumbing jobs, its best to get the professional in to replace the pipework properly. Especially when it involves toilet installations.

If you need assistance with any other projects, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects