Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add a shower door seal?

Nanne
Cultivating a Following

How to add a shower door seal?

I have an old shower screen / door (recently bought the place). The shower screen door doesn’t have any seals at the bottom therefore when having a shower, water splashes from the bottom on to the other side. What kind of seal I can put and which side? 

575156FC-3635-4BA6-9B14-BF801A55886E.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shower door seal

Hello @Nanne 

I've been observing your shower fixture and I'm afraid there is not enough space for a seal to be put in. Unfortunately, there is very little space between the bottom ledge and bottom of the shower door. Usually, the seal is placed at the bottom of the door but in this configuration, there is hardly any space.

The same problem of space occurs on the outside of the shower. The door will push the seal right off as it is too close to the edge. Putting the seal inside won't work as there is nowhere to anchor it too. 

As an alternative, I suggest putting a Barelli Bathmat Rectangular 50cm x 80cm Non-Slip Chenille Black in front of the shower to prevent slipping on the wet tile.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects