Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Whole home low budget slow refresh

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader

Whole home low budget slow refresh

Home Sweet Home!Home Sweet Home!So I'm about to take on a little cottage in the middle of nowhere to be near family, and I'm beside myself with excitement about all the stuff we can do to freshen her up. I've never done any reno stuff before, but a lick of paint is always a great place to start. Bunnings, here I come!

P.S. I'm still trying to work out how to add an image to this post!

Re: Whole home low budget slow refresh

Hi @BoeingFan 

I think those mosquitos of yours desiccated that snake re the snake skin you found skin poor little critter now you blocked the windows.

I was out helping a neighbour giving his tree a hair cut and the mossies got me good I am still scratching  thinking about it.  We are getting new mossies with banded legs they probably the  bad ones. 

Those irrigation controllers are good but there is a  stack of plumbing that goes with it and some planning a to do a lay out.

@JewelleryrescueIt's the mozzies that are wearing flared jeans and platform shoes you have to be careful of, they've just come from the discotheque HAHAHAHA

This is the CUTEST cottage, and I love the colour you chose! Totally agree with the heat - here in Perth we’ve had a very mild Dec but doing the hard labour of renovating in the summer heat is pretty damn mad, but it is rewarding! Can’t wait to see how your little cottage progresses - keep up the great work!  

Thank you so much @SensibleHill 

I chose the Dulux colour scheme because I like the clean modern look. Just woke up here and it's raining, which means I don't get to paint today, but the good news is that my water tank is as full as a state school again. I've just had friends move from Cronulla to somewhere a little south of Perth and they adore it. I've been there once and it was a mad 24 hour trip when Qantas used to run the old 747's over there on the domestic run.

Thank you again for your kind words, I appreciate it 😊

Jason

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader

Happy new year all 😊

I did manage to get some painting done yesterday, the wall under cover on the deck area was where I started with the intermittent weather looming.

BeforeBefore

AfterAfter

I started the western side of the house, but storm clouds moved in again so it was a modest attempt.

IMG_9112 - Copy.JPG

Then last night when Rusty went out to pee, I turned on the flood light (LED, thanks Bunnings!) and saw this gorgeous green visitor taking in the vista.

Gorgeous green visitorGorgeous green visitor

Happy New Year to you, too @BoeingFan

You've made significant progress, and I love the colour. You'll be done in no time if we get more breaks in the weather.

Keep up the excellent work.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi  @BoeingFan 

Can you plz paint that frog gray or white so  it matches your  color scheme  LOl  Furphy

Thanks so much @MitchellMc 

I'll get the drone out later and try to get a quick run around video. Very happy with the progress, yesterday I used a roller for the first time and it was a champion! My Dad has always painted with a brush, and every time I mentioned the word 'roller' I got the sighs and eye rolls so it thwarted my enthusiasm until yesterday and I thought let's give this baby a crack.

Cheers,

Jason

HAHAHAHA @Jewelleryrescue 

I had a chat with her and asked her in future to:

A) come armed with a bunch of marigolds to enhance the colour scheme and ward off snakes, or,

B) come armed with a gatling gun and peppermint oil to thwart off snakes or at least give them minty fresh breath so I know when they're around, or,

C) bring her friends along and serenade me each time rain is coming

She chose C 😁

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader

G'day @MitchellMc @EricL @Jewelleryrescue 

I hope you're well. I went into town today to get a door handle for an old screen door, and I bought a Lane "HDL D 96MM CHROME PK1 ITEM NUMBER 1022933". I can't find it on the Bunnings website to link to, but anyway, I have a question about the screws it came with, if I may, please? They're very long, and have these little gaps in the thread; what are those gaps for? I will need to source other screws to use as these are far too long, or, are those gaps where you're able to cut the screw down? There are no instructions on the packet.Pic below.

Thanks as always gents!

Jason

What are you for, little gap?What are you for, little gap?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects