Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What's on your D.I.Y. list this year?

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

What's on your D.I.Y. list this year?

As a new year begins, we look forward to continue assisting our members with improving their homes and gardens.

One of the things I love most about our community is how our members regularly inspire each other by sharing ideas or projects they have been working on in their own homes.

I’d like to encourage everyone to briefly share any D.I.Y. projects they are planning on tackling this year. Your unique projects, whether big or small, can spark creativity and motivate others to embark on their own home improvement journeys.

To kickstart this discussion, sharing some upcoming projects by three of our members below:

Rufaro (@diy_hausdesigns

“2024 started with plans around building a pergola at the rear end of the backyard. Excited to add the jewel to the backyard as the 1st project for 2024.”

“We are also planning to renovate the final room in our house - the laundry! As with our previous place, I absolutely loved doing the laundry reno so even more excited to push my skills and experience and make something very special of this laundry.”

Claire (@Renowayoflife

“We have a lot of projects on this year as we are still in the throws of renovating. We are planning to do some work outside early this year. This includes building our bannisters for our Queenslander. We have designed and started building our D.I.Y. butterfly stairs and we want to finish these.”

“We also want to build a privacy, horizontal slat wall using an old fence, along with a live wall. We will also work on our fencing (unsure what materials we are using yet) and will be building a raised fruit and veg garden that you can walk through as well as a kids play area.”

Dave (@Dave-1

“I do have a few projects going right now. These include renovating the pool area and repainting my cream Besser block wall next to the pool. I also want to repaint the rear of the house.”

“I will also be building a new building a new sunbed lounge/bench seat on wheels. Plus, a bench for parties.”

A big thank you to all three members for sharing your upcoming plans. Good luck with your projects and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need a hand. We look forward to seeing them when completed.

What exciting projects do you have in mind for this year? Share your plans below.

Akanksha

Your DIY list this year.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What's on your D.I.Y. list this year?

I have been so busy with refreshing the house in sections I have been naughty and neglected our No Dig Garden Bed. But no excuses, I am going to top up the soil and plant it up again very soon !!!!! 

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Can't wait to see your revived garden bed, @mich1972 and also your house reno projects.

Keep us updated and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Akanksha

DIYGnome
Building a Reputation

• Replace 2 sections of damaged fascia boards
  • Address some concrete path cavities
  • Finish patching (and then paint) a Bathroom ceiling
  • Attempt to tame a forest of Yukka plants
  • Replace the bottom runner for a not-so-sliding glass door
  • Remove a tree stump
  • Repair some wooden window frame damage

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Sounds like a busy but exciting year ahead for you, @DIYGnome

We look forward to seeing your projects once completed. Our wonderful community members are always ready to assist if you need help along the way.

Akanksha

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Evening all :smile: and @Akanksha 

Just posted the first project. :smile: Will post the others soon.... :smile: I wonder how many people have started their holiday projects?

Outside Bench 

Still to come, Lounge/outdoor seat on wheels (done), Bring back deck and privacy screen (done), Strip paint from Bessa block wall and repaint. (halfway :smile: Just cant decide on colours...)

Dave

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Evening @Akanksha  and All

Finally got around to posting the next project I complete dover summer.

Outside Lounge with wheels 

It took around a week with a few hours every afternoon. It was pretty hot during the build but I was in the shade :smile:

Surely Guys I cant be the only one doing projects? :smile: @DIYGnome , @mich1972 

Dave

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Just saw your outdoor lounge and your bench @Dave-1. They look great - many thanks for sharing and inspiring our members. 

Trust everyone's projects are coming along well. We can't wait to see your wonderful work on the site.

Akanksha

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Morning @Dave-1 Shed is nearly completed and I’m working on spare bedroom. I pulled out the carpet and underlay, painted ceiling and walls. Ordered the floor, going to stain the quarter rounds and fill in the holes in the concrete pad where the strips were pulled out. Working inside as we have another heatwave this week. 

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@mich1972 

:smile: Man! I am impressed, thats a load of work! Have you been taking pics along the way? :smile:

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects