Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is this part in the door lever package used for?

Mahan_r
Just Starting Out

What is this part in the door lever package used for?

Hi There,

I have installed lots of door handles but never used this part. There is also no mention of this part in the installation instruction that comes with the door. I would like to know what is this used for.

FB_IMG_1692221810981.jpg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What is this part in the door lever package used for?

G'day @Mahan_r 

I'm sure there is better terminology - but basically a knob-remover. The 'sharp' end presses into a small hole where the sprung pin can be depressed and the knob/handle removed. I'm guessing there are many versions.

Here's a Clint's product - circa 2005.

Scan1423.jpg

20230817_100524.jpg

But of course, I could be completely wrong.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is this part in the door lever package used for?

Hi @Mahan_r 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the purpose of the door lever tool.

@Noyade has hit it right on the head, it is a multipurpose release pin tool that allows you to press the locking latch inside the neck of the doorknob. Other doorknobs require a specific angle for the tool to work, that's why you have two ends with different configurations on it.

My best advice is to keep the tool in a safe place so that you can use it for the other doorknobs when you change them into new ones.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects