Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What filler to use for wall cracks and holes?

nerea
Cultivating a Following

What filler to use for wall cracks and holes?

Hey guys. 

I'm painting my house and need advice with which filler to use to fill small cracks and big holes in the walls. I need something easy to use as I'm not a pro. 

I went to Bunnings a few weeks ago and they gave me this products(in the pictures )which I've used in the ceilings and some parts of the walls but I don't think they are suitable for walls. So I need better advice before I keep going. 

So I need it for different problems.

1. To fill small cracks in walls 

2. When the old skirting got removed it pilled the old paint(in pictures)I'm planning on sanding it smooth but will need to be filled to make it completely flat(keep in mind its a massive area probably 50 l/m so I will need a big filler). I've used this red gyprock in like 10 l/m already. 

3. When he skirting got removed it actually made some small and big holes in the walls that I have to fill too.

4. We are doing some electrical work and have to chase the walls as the electrical could not be done internally. Ones the electrictrical is done I will have to plaster this too. In pictures 

IMG20240417141248.jpg

IMG20240417134156.jpg

  

IMG20240417134115.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What filler to use for wall cracks and holes?

The Timbermate filler is also paintable @nerea. I recommend you use a dedicated timber filler rather than the Gyprock topping compound (green container) as that is designed for plasterboard and wouldn't be the best product for your panelling.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
nerea
Cultivating a Following

Re: What filler to use for wall cracks and holes?

Oh great and I have it at home too. What an amateur I'm I thought vj panels were a tipe of pasteboard. Now you say it, it definitely doesn't look anything alike 🤣 

Thanks so so much for all your help has been super useful 

Cheers 

Nerea

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects