Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What can I do to this landing?

xylene122
Finding My Feet

What can I do to this landing?

Howdy,

My wonderfully 1980s house has this interesting choice of a landing at the bottom of our internal stairs. The middle and right side steps are a hideous brown tile, the left step is brick.

Just looking for suggestions on what the heck I can do to spruce/modernise this?

IMG_7815.jpeg

IMG_7816.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What can I do to this landing?

I am with @TedBear on this discussion, particularly if the stairs are uneven and therefore unsafe. Better to do the job well once and remove any possibility of a dangerous trip hazard. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@Tyro 

hahahahah love it! :laugh: Now that is a nice compliment! It made me sit here and laugh and laugh. :smile:

Dave

Tyro
Becoming a Leader

Hi @TedBear 

You are so lucky to have accumulated the skills and experience to approach that project with confidence!  My hat's off to you! 👏👏👏

Tyro
Becoming a Leader

Hi @EricL 

Forgive me if I have asked this before, but what software did you create that on?  It might help me with the mess project I'm trying to sort.  And pictures would help!

Cheers

Tyro 🤗

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Tyro 

I use Photoshop when doing image manipulation such as the one you are seeing with the steps. You'll need to go through some basic tutorials, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to change wall colours and tile surfaces with ease.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tyro
Becoming a Leader

Hi @EricL 

I have a bit of an addiction to computers so I've been putting off upgrading from a phone at home (so I can get some sleep!) but you have now inspired me to get on and do it!  

Thank you 🙏🏻

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects