Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled pots for faux plants

daniknight4
Becoming a Leader

Upcycled pots for faux plants

My son has a lawnmowing business and on one job the clients wanted the removal of plants, most of them in pots. On the way to the tip he stopped in and said "Mum would you like any of these pots?" I said "Sure! Thanks Brandon." I was in Bunnings one day looking at these lovely white pots and thinking, I could upcycle the ones at home and save some money. I had wanted more faux plants so I thought they would be a perfect house for them so I set about cleaning them, making my own chalk paint ~ out of a Dulux sample pot ~ and painting them in what seems, at the moment, to be a fashionable crisp white, the chalk paint  giving it a little texture and a matte finish like the pots I had seen in Bunnings previously. I was really happy with the result, which was fun to do, cheap as chips and look like a million dollars ~ well maybe not a million😁😂 While I was at it I also painted some glass jars I had kept, they come in really handy, decorated them and now they house pretty faux flowers in their upcycled life as vases. I have a video of the process and in it I also go shopping for faux plants and flowers at Bunnings and a few other stores.

>>  https://youtu.be/XKgTGIXX1hA

7.png

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Upcycled pots for faux plants

Another amazing upcycling project, @daniknight4, many thanks for sharing. You've given a new lease of life on those old pots and modernised them so beautifully. Great paint job too, that crisp white is definitely trending right now.

Congratulations once again, and can't wait to see what project you tackle next. 

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Akanksha,

It's rewarding to give old things a new lease on life! 

Our next project? Well that was an interesting one😁

Hopefully will share that at the end of this week!

Kind Regards

Danielle

You've piqued my interest, @daniknight4, can't wait to see this interesting project!

Akanksha

Thanks Akanksha 😊

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @daniknight4

Your revamped pots look like a million dollars. They look fantastic and the faux plants fit in so well. 

I look forward to seeing your next project.

Eric

Thanks @EricL 😀

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects