Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Refreshed screen door using spray paint

projectmumdanni
Making a Splash

Refreshed screen door using spray paint

20220925_144414.jpg

 today I unscrewed screen door and painted trim and spraypainted screen door .. need a bit of a touch up .. saving money and not adding to environmental waste :smile: need to paint front door..unsure to do ironstone or leave vivid white. My partner gets a little glared with the sun and white 😬😂

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Refreshed screen door using spray paint

That looks fantastic, @projectmumdanni

Our members always love a painted aluminium door project, so any additional details on how you went about the process would be appreciated. Did you need to prepare the screen door at all? What colour was it before?

Great work, and many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Sundays are for sanding and spraypainting

Hi Mitchell..I sanded the frame and wiped it down and sprayed it with water from hose. It was that ugly brown colour. I then layed screen door at an angle against our deck and held paint about 20cm give or take and sprayed. Did use nearly two cans of spray paint.

20220331_161648.jpg

Re: Sundays are for sanding and spraypainting

That looks so much better @projectmumdani! I bet you're pleased with the results.

Mitchell

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

It looks so good @projectmumdanni . I find colours like that brown weird to have been in fashion at some stage in the past, but the white has made it so much better!

Remarka6le

I agree.. now to do the ugly brown windows lol

ChloeN
Just Starting Out

Did you remove the door handles/hardware to paint separately or just did it all together? Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @ChloeN

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Let me tag @projectmumdanni to make them aware of your questions. Looking at the photo they posted, it looks like the handle was painted as well. I think it looks great because you don't get that door handle contrast making it look really modern. If you plan on doing something similar, please make sure to post an update. I'm sure our members would be keen to see your screen door once it s painted.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

@ChloeN 

Hi Chloe, I just sprayed it all together.

Thanks Eric :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects