Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need colonial-style skirting boards over 5m

gene
Getting Established

Need colonial-style skirting boards over 5m

Screenshot_20240224-171758_Samsung Internet.jpg

 hi is this a floor skirting board or an architrave  that goes around windows and doors? I want to buy colonial skirting boards over 5 metres and didn't find bunnings staff helpful as they didn't know the answers to this question. Or where I can find the skirting boards over 5 metres in the shop. Thankyou.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Need colonial-style skirting boards over 5m

Hi @gene,

Sorry to read that you didn't have a good experience in-store. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts Mitch and Eric are unfortunately not working today, but will be keen to assist you as soon as possible. Let me also tag @JacobZ95 to see if he can assist in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JacobZ95
Growing in Experience

Hi @gene,

This can be used for either but generally speaking it would be a skirting board. 

Architraves tend to be between 42-68mm so they don’t make the window or door look too large and clunky, but it all comes down to preference really. I think the most important thing is that all your mouldings (skirts, architraves, window trims, etc) all match. 

I couldn’t speak specifically for your local store but generally there will be “pigeon racks” in the timberyard which store 5.4m lengths timber mouldings.

Hope this helps,

Jacob

gene
Getting Established

Thankyou for your help  I decided to buy different colonial skirting boards from bunnings online and im happy with my final choice.👍😊😊

JacobZ95
Growing in Experience

Awesome!

Happy to hear you got a good result in the end.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects