Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kids rocking horse

Madmoggy
Having an Impact

Kids rocking horse

all mdf for inside of treated ply for out side . This one mad from scraps of 18mm mdf 

plans available off the internet message me and I will send you links

can be made from two quarter sheets, easy to pop in car, I used some 16mm dowel for the handles available from Bunnings. I got a 900mm of dowel smallest length and may knowck up another when I get time. 

this one for a girl is painted with BP undercoat sealer and topcoat of dulux aquanamel satin. The darker pink is a can of rustoleum to get a bright pink 

The mare is being ridden as I write, Zara 3 is rocking it!

tools used … a Ryobi jigsaw, a sander, a Ryobi drill and screws and exterior PVA glue. I used 45mm stainless screws and bogged the holes with builders bog from aisle 16 

drop me a note if you have any questions  madmoggy

2A6AA600-8367-4B0B-9525-DE7932756114.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kids rocking horse

Looks great @Madmoggy, many thanks for sharing. I'm sure it will get a lot of use.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @Madmoggy 

That looks  like  a  million dollars  and  1000x that  as it is being ridden.  Love the  paint  use re  rustoleum to get a brighter pink,

:smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Madmoggy

That rocking horse looks fantastic, I love the pattern of the cut and the colours you've chosen. I can't believe it's made of MDF, I suppose as long as you keep it indoors it should be safe from the weather. 

Again, thank you for sharing such a wonderful project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects