Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop roller blockout blinds from banging?

Leonie_D
Just Starting Out

How to stop roller blockout blinds from banging?

I have the roller blockout blinds, when there is the slightest wind they bang non stop, would love a simple tip to stop this.
Thank you.
Leonie

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Blockout blinds.

Hello @happycat 

The Velcro strips are composed of two parts the hooks and the pads. They have stick on adhesive behind them so you can place one side on the bottom of the window frame and the other at the bottom of the blind. When you pull the blind down, they will stick together and when you pull them up, you'll need to give a small assist with your finger at the bottom as the Velcro sometimes sticks very well together.   

Please note that putting too much Velcro will make it very difficult to lift the blind up. I therefore suggest starting with a short strip at the sides and adding more if you want it to be firm.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TwoLeftHands
Just Starting Out

Re: How to stop roller blockout blinds from banging?

Hi,
I have a similar problem where my blackout roller blind was mounted on the wall and in the game of the window recess as the recess was not deep enough. The blackout blind is on the window side and my sun filter bling in on the bedroom side.

How can I stop the the my blinds from be blow into the window recess are when the air-conditioner is on?

Thank you in advance

Re: How to stop roller blockout blinds from banging?

Hi @TwoLeftHands,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our wonderful members.

Do you think that Eric's suggestions earlier in this discussion would work for you? 

If not, could you please post some photos of your extended blind as well as the window frame so we can see what you are working with and suggest alternative approaches. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects