Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to reverse the lock direction of the door handle?

barydos
Having an Impact

How to reverse the lock direction of the door handle?

Hi, 

I recently purchased the following Ikonic privacy set for the powder room: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ikonic-brushed-nickel-isabella-lever-entrance-set_p0199990

The installation was fine. However the lock works by turning the lock counter clockwise (CCW). I was hoping to make this become locked by rotating in the clockwise (CW) direction.

How can I achieve this?

The instructions don't suggest anything. But I'm guessing the tool in the middle (what's it called?) is a clue. 

I rotated the handle to reveal a slot but can't seem to get anything to click. Am I getting close or completely off track?

PXL_20231021_110205006.jpg

PXL_20231021_110222577.jpg

Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to reverse the lock direction of the door handle?

Hi @barydos,

I don't believe I've ever seen an adjustment on a privacy set that allows you to choose the direction the lock needs to be turned. The tool is used to help remove the cover flanges, and I believe the holes you've aligned allow you to release the cover flange.

Did you want the lock to turn in the opposite direction to be similar to others in your home?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to reverse the lock direction of the door handle?

Thanks for confirming @MitchellMc. I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part!

Yeah I was thinking of turning it in the opposite direction, but honestly it's no big deal that it's not possible. Thanks for the reply :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects