Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace front door lock?

poppylee198
Cultivating a Following

How to replace front door lock?

68F17EF4-87A3-463B-B07C-004EFC8FE1CA.jpeg

3BFF37AA-636B-4E4F-8D19-230AB3AD8DDF.jpeg

  

Hello,

I need to replace the lock on my front door (the whole unit). My current unit is at the locksmiths

but I am wondering if this provides enough information to say which type I can look at.

thanks  

poppylee198
Cultivating a Following

Re: replacing lock front door

I believe it is a ROMAK

Hi @poppylee198,

It appears that you would have had a knob and deadlock set. If so, you should be able to replace it with a similar styled set like the Gainsborough Stainless Steel Manning Combination Entrance Knob Set. The remnants of the previous handle and lock set will need to be removed and the new kit installed in its place. The kit is adjustable, so it should be a direct replacement into the existing holes.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
poppylee198
Cultivating a Following

Thanks mitchell, is there any that could be a set - just thinking of the two holes on top of the existing holes and being unable to cover those we only put the smaller ones on? 

E877BD1E-C770-4DAD-A39F-FEB7982B35D8.jpeg

poppylee198
Cultivating a Following

Oh, sorry, @poppylee198, I can now see it was a combined unit.  There's a good chance that a set like that would be a direct swap. You'd likely need to verify by matching the new set up to the cutouts already on the door. Some slight adjustments to the size of the cutouts could've required.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects