Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair the cracked tile without replacement?

kwlam2203
Just Starting Out

How to repair the cracked tile without replacement?

Hi all,

I believe the heavy objects pressed on the floor tiles and a couple tiles had been cracked. I would seek your recommendation how to repair it without replacement. Thanks.

WhatsApp 圖片儲存時間2024-01-18,14.23.43_751d2b15.jpgWhatsApp 圖片儲存時間2024-01-18,14.23.43_f0e7ffb2.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair the cracked tile without replacement?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kwlam2203. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing tiles.

Did you want to repair the tiles so the cracks and damage are unnoticeable? If so, I don't believe that would be possible. Has someone attempted to repair this damage already? Your second image of the crack almost looks like it's been filled with dark grout. The first image is a little hard to understand what's going on there. Has someone also attempted a repair? 

Due to the multicolour pattern of the tiles, filling the damage with a solid grout colour will always result in a noticeable repair. A slightly lighter shade of grey could have been used to match the tile a little better, but it still would have been detectable. If you are looking for a perfect repair, replacing the tiles would be the best option.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects