Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to reattach pot rivets after drilling them out of flyscreen?

nolabearbear
Just Starting Out

How to reattach pot rivets after drilling them out of flyscreen?

Earlier posts say drill out pot rivets securing bottom latches of vertical flyscreens to allow inserting new mesh and spline  but doesn't explain steps to reattach pot rivets to latches.  HELP pLease would  be much appreciated.

NOla Davies

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: catches over flyscreen mesh and spline channel. How to reattach pot rivets after drilling the...

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @nolabearbear. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about re-attaching latches.

Was there a particular discussion you were referencing? If you could provide a link, that would assist in giving accurate advice. However, if you've drilled out a pop-rivet to remove it, then to re-attach the latches, it sounds like you'd need to pop-rivet it with a rivet gun.

The new rivet is installed in the gun and placed through the latch into the hole. The gun is then action to crimp the rivet and fix it and your latch in place.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: catches over flyscreen mesh and spline channel. How to reattach pot rivets after drilling the...

Here's the link to the discussion. Thank you, I think you have answered  by saying use a pop rivet gun.  For some reason, I thought it might  be possible to hammer them in.  CHEERS

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects