Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to pack and store festive decorations?

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

How to pack and store festive decorations?

Taking down the Christmas tree, garlands and other decor might not be as fun as setting them up, but it's still an essential task as we embrace the new year. 

Do you have any clever tips or storage solutions to keep everything organised and in great shape for next year? I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

@prettyliving@HousevsSarah, @TimGeo@Alyce_Pham - any suggestions to get us started?

Akanksha 

Packing away Christmas decor.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to pack and store festive decorations?

Hi @Akanksha 

Click into this hope to  hear other solutions others  use too :smile: 

We like  using the  plastic tubs  with wheels that stack to together and  we keep the tubs approx 50 liters  so they fit thought roof man  hole cover into the roof space open like a mini attic  with floor sheets and other storage tubs.

Only down side some  those tubs not UV stable and  become brittle. So might need better solution.

HousevsSarah
Having an Impact

Re: How to pack and store festive decorations?

We used some unused under stairs space to create a dedicated area for storing holiday decorations. We used the Flexi Storage wall bracket system with the sliding mesh baskets, that way I can take one basket out to the living room at a time if I need. Cube units and inserts are also brilliant. You'd be surprised by how many things they fit!

If you have problems with UV cracking the clear storage tubs, try some heavy duty black ones. Inabox do a great line of heavy duty containers with dividers and inserts that are good for that!

Hope that helped
Sarah

PXL_20221102_035057496.MP (1).jpg

PXL_20221106_001046398.MP (1).jpg

1000025842.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects