Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount hose reel to Hebel?

kymmieb82
Getting Established

How to mount hose reel to Hebel?

I’d love to buy a retractable hose that can be mounted to the house. Some people have said that as my house is hebel this cannot be done.

Is there a way to properly mount a retractable hose to the hebel that won’t lead to damage or is it simply to heavy?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to mount hose reel to Hebel?

Hello @kymmieb82

Thank you for sharing your question about mounting a hose reel to your Hebel wall. The typical hose reel has a general weight of about 10kg if you add the water the weight increases even more. Not only does the mounting spot need to deal with the weight of the hose and water, but it has to deal with the dynamic forces applied to it. Unfortunately, Hebel blocks don't do too well when heavy items are anchored to them.

I suggest instead mounting a post into the ground with cement. This will guarantee that the hose reel can be mounted safely and handle all the forces applied to it. I've placed a sketch below to give you an idea of what it might look like.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for your advise, please suggest some suitable "mounting a post into the ground with cement" products from the current bunnings catalog.?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @rehmanakram 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us.

I suggest using the 100 x 100mm 2.4m H4 Treated Pine Post in combination with Bastion 20kg Concrete Mix. Depending on the size of the hole and how deep you dig will determine the number of concrete bags you'll need. 

My best tip is to make sure that you brace the post to make sure that it's straight and level while the concrete cures.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to set a post

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects