Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Ozito cordless 36v line trimmer that has stopped working?

softkun123
Just Starting Out

How to fix Ozito cordless 36v line trimmer that has stopped working?

Hi there

Hope all is well.

My ozito 36v line trimmer stopped working and won't start.

Using 4amp Batteries which are perfectly working fine on other tool and fully charged. 

I replaced new spool line as well but still won't start.

It's under warranty but lost receipt so can't return it as well.

Are there anything I could do to bring it to life?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ozito cordless 36v line trimmer stopped working

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @softkun123. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the 36V Ozito line trimmer.

If there are no signs of life, then I'd suggest there is a significant fault. Our in-store team are quite skilful at assisting in recovering receipts. If you purchased the unit on a card and know the approximate date of purchase, it should be a relatively easy process. Regardless, I trust the Power Gardening expert would be more than happy to look at the unit for you to see if anything is going wrong.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc Thanks Mitchell

It was cash purchase. The store wanted to know exact tilt and time during the purchase but it's been 2 years now and don't remember

That's unfortunate @softkun123.

I'm so sorry, but there is not much I can think of that could have caused your issue apart from an electrical fault or damage to the motor. Are the battery terminals on the machine clean, and are the batteries able to seat into the cradles correctly?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DIYGnome
Making a Splash

According to the User Manual the Ozito 36v line trimmer has a battery protection circuit, given the relatively simple battery powers motor via trigger configuration, is it possible (no how matter how unlikely) this circuit has detected an issue with the batteries when paired? 🤔

Screenshot_20231112-163617_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects