Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill gaps along window frame?

sebas
Finding My Feet

How to fill gaps along window frame?

Hi I purchase a house recently and it has some gaps along the corner of the window frame outside and also some cracks along the inside of the frame work which has the moulding rendered over .. what can I use for the gaps in the corner of the the frame and also how about the cracks of the inside of the frame along near the window and the frame . I will then repaint over . I don’t think it’s wood structure . It could be a concrete type moulding ..

IMG_3660.jpeg

🖼️  

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: gap filler question

Hi @sebas 

A good  product  to use is  external NO More Gaps   filler

Selleys 430g White No More Gaps Exterior Gap Filler 

I/N: 1230161

$13.50

• New Look – Same Trusted Formulation
  • Weather resistant exterior filler contains fungicide and algaecide for superior UV, mould, sun and rain resistance
  • Can be used on gaps up to a width of 10mm and depth of 5mm
  • Superior flexibility to cope with building movement, hiding gaps for longer
  • Suitable for use on timber and synthetic weatherboards, as well as brick and concrete, masonry, ceramic tiles, glass and aluminium
Selleys No More Gaps Exterior is the ideal solution for filling gaps and cracks around and between weatherboards, eaves, and exterior windows & doors. It has been formulated with a unique polymer system for superior flexibility in exterior applications and using a titanium compound to protect against UV and weather damage.

Get the extra nozzle  at time of purchase and a caulking gun ask staff to show you its  use for easier learning.  Use  a white damp cloth to clean up any  mess and push filler into the cracks if required.

Re: gap filler question

Hi @sebas,

The product @Jewelleryrescue has mentioned is an excellent choice and is certainly paintable. Here's a helpful step-by-step guide: How to apply silicone sealant.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects