Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect smart roller blinds to WiFi?

sheene7
Just Starting Out

How to connect smart roller blinds to WiFi?

hi recently bought some motorised roller blinds and I don’t know how to connect the blinds to the wifi controller?

remote control works fine I’d just like to connect to the wifi to set up timed movements 

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: smart roller blinds wifi pairing

Hi  @sheene7 

Great the remote is working todate  I hope you get the wifi happinging too.

Its  best to go back to the supplier and get the instructions on how to do that.  as the steps will vary between products.

Or tell us the  brand of the rollers you have  we migth be able to search for instructions.  :smile:

Hi the brand is smart home products motorised blind and a arlec smart home blind controller (sold in bunnings)

29EBAC2F-7768-43AF-9498-1EA328548108.png

2431DD2E-8563-4777-ADC1-E747344CF0AC.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sheene7. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting smart blinds.

I might need to call in our resident smart device experts @CSParnell and @GreenHouse.

i presume you've setup and connected the Arlec blind controller in the mobile app? Is it appearing, and what roadblocks are you encountering?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Yes blind is set up and works with the remote

app is installed and has found the wifi bridge and the blind is on the app it’s just that no matter what I press there’s no interaction between app and blind ?

many thanks 

1000009584.jpg

1000009585.jpg

1000009586.jpg

  

@sheene7, If you have these 2 then all should be fine I would say the issue is going to be pairing EZ vs AP mode, EZ mode is the quick flashing mode and is less reliable to connect where AP is the slow blink or pulse and is more reliable.

To get into AP mode enter into EZ mode like normal by holding normal for 5 sec then let go it will flash fast, then hold down again for another 5 sec and it will begin flashing slow this is AP mode. Let go and start to pair, up the top right hand side you will see EZ click on that and change to AP and continue, it will go through the normal motion then it will ask you to connect to another network be at a ARC or SMART network connect to it and then it will probably say no internet access select this time only and then once back on the wifi list and connected to that smart device back out of the screen until you get back to the Grid Connect App.

From here it will start the connection process, at any time If the device turns off before connection takes place turn it back on. 

The process should continue if not try again. 

Once connected it will let you know and your phone will return to your normal wifi.

A word of note.

If you have a dual band router and you have 2.4g and 5g on turn off 5g during the process and turn it back on afterwards as it conflicts with the devices.

Also make sure your only connecting 1 device at a time smart devices get a bit dumb when connecting to many at once.

I hope that helps let me know any issues, take some screen shots and upload and I'll try to help you through them.

Cheers Carl

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects