Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean your home in time for the festive season?

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

How to clean your home in time for the festive season?

Speed-cleaning your home is a great way to create a welcoming and festive atmosphere in a pinch, ensuring you have more time to enjoy the magic of the season with family and friends.

Any go-to tips for quick and simple cleaning jobs that have a high impact on making your home feel festive and welcoming?

Keen to hear from all our creative members. Tagging @prettyliving@Dave-1@TheRenoDad and @TedBear to kickstart the discussion.

Akanksha

Speed cleaning home.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to clean your home in time for the festive season?

I’ve been using Diggers vanilla scented multipurpose surface cleaner for a lot of my quick cleans. I use it on glass, stainless steel, mirrors, bench tops, floors etc and have found it to be a great all round cleaning product and it makes the house smell amazing! 😍

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Hahahaha

"Speed-cleaning" jobs..... Mmmm The one that makes me feel most calm if I am looking around at a messy house is to go around and put all those bits and pieces we leave here and there away. I can handle the dust :surprised: but not the mess! 

Put away the pile of watched DVD's, the books that have racked up somehow and the things left on the edge of the kitchen table and the house is "tidy enough" again :smile:

Dave

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

If you have a house with skirting boards, don't forget to run a damp cloth over these, as well as wiping over any sharp edges at the tops of doors and cupboard edges. It's amazing how our eyes pick up the slight fuzziness from dust sitting on the edges of items without us being consciously aware of it, until we sharpen them again with a quick wipe over. It's a simple trick that makes a magical difference.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@TedBear 

Isnt the dust there so we know where to put back theitems when we move them?...... :smile:

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects