Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change Grid Connect scene motion detection options?

Insert_Name
Getting Established

How to change Grid Connect scene motion detection options?

I had purchased a Orion Grd Connect security camera (SC079HA) and have tried to set up an automation / scene but I seem to not be able to find the option for motion detection.  I have a front doorbell camera and that option is available but no the security camera along with that, i am seeing some function written in Japense, so I am wondering it's a firmware glitch.

1000005942.jpg

I have checked for any updated, which I am running the latest according to the app.

I have tried to reach out to gridconnects support but I have not gotten a response and it's been two weeks

Re: Grid Connect Scence Options?

Many thanks for your patience @Insert_Name.

I've spoken again to the Grid Connect team, and they are asking if you can please have a look under the PIR Switch section, as they believe Motion Detection should be there. Failing that, could you please respond to their email from the 3rd of April and let them know? They've also suggested that your app format isn't appearing correctly, as it should look similar to the images @CSParnell has posted and shouldn't include the Japanese symbols. They've escalated this issue with their team to investigate.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc,

I had responded but I did not get anything in return. Below is a screenshot of my reply.

Insert_Name_0-1712535204637.png
I will send through a follow up again today.  I will send this through today with my follow up email. When selecting the PIR option, it's a toggle switch for the motion detection for the camera not for the on motion detection.

Insert_Name_1-1712535401729.png

I'm sorry. I didn't realise they had responded after our original discussion, @Insert_Name. If you could re-send that email to them, that would be great, as they didn't appear to have seen it when I spoke to them this morning.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc ,

Follow up sent at 10:23am (Brisbane time)

Insert_Name_0-1712536281963.png

They've also suggested that your app format isn't appearing correctly, as it should look similar to the images CSParnell  has posted and shouldn't include the Japanese symbols. They've escalated this issue with their team to investigate.

Good to see I have identified a bug for them to look into.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects