Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach bifold door handle?

marieneedshelp
Building a Reputation

How to attach bifold door handle?

Hi, I'm looking for advice regarding my external door handle on my bifold door.  Recently I noticed one of the screws attaching the plate was loose but no matter what I did it wouldn't grip when I tried to screw it back in. Now the other screw has come loose, and therefore the plate with attached handle has come off .  There's nothing wrong with the screw and the corresponding bit that it's supposed to screw into.  In fact I've take both the back and front plates off the door and tested it and the screws screw in fine.  My problem is is when I'm attaching it back on the door I can't get the screws to line up to grip/attach.  Sometimes I get one screw in but but never both at the same time..  Is there a trick to lining up the screws?  I really don't want to pay a couple of hundred dollars to get a locksmith out just to screw in two screws.  Any advice out there would be greatly appreciated....any suggestions?

20230922_123732.jpg

  

Screenshot_20230922-122128_Gallery.jpg

marieneedshelp
Building a Reputation

Re: How to attach bifold door handle?

Thank you, Eric.  Oh, that's such good advice as I wouldn't want to go through that again.  Thanks for all your advice once again 😊 

Good Morning @marieneedshelp :smile:

Cheering is what my brain is doing right now! :smile: Congratulations on getting it done! You have certainly stuck to it and that "win" is gold!

Dave

Thank you, Dave.  It's crazy how such a simple thing like screwing in a screw became such an ordeal, as you've experienced with your security door situation.  At the same time that's what made it feel like such a huge victory in the end.  Thanks for your kind advice and support throughout 😃 

Glad you got it sorted 👍 😀 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects