Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to adjust angle of flyscreen sliding door?

lm4
Growing in Experience

How to adjust angle of flyscreen sliding door?

Hello,

I would like to adjust the angle of my external flyscreen sliding door, so that it is parallel with the frame. Shown in the photos, the door is slightly tilted away from the frame, which means that at the top join point there is quite a large gap between the frame and the door.

I have fixed this same problem the inner glass sliding door using a screwdriver to adjust the bottom wheels, however there are no adjustment holes in the flyscreen door. There are a few screws along the bottom, although access to these is blocked by the frame, and I'm not convinced they are adjustment points... The brand of the sliding door is "LockTech" if that helps.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Whole DoorWhole DoorGapGapCan manually tilt the door to sealCan manually tilt the door to sealAdjustment screw?Adjustment screw?Brand?Brand?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Adjust Tilt/Angle of Flyscreen Sliding Door

Hello @lm4 

If your sliding flyscreen door is tilted, it's possible that one of the wheels suspension springs has failed and given way. In order to get access to the wheel assembly, I suggest trying this method. From the outside grab both sides of the flyscreen and lift upwards, the wheel assembly should now be free of the track, and you can swing the bottom of the door out. 

Look carefully at each wheel and see which one of them has a soft spring or has failed to pop out. When you find the broken wheel and housing, I recommend bringing it with you to the store so that you can compare sizes. Once you have the correct replacement part all that's left is to re-install the new wheel assembly and slide the door back in. 

You'll notice that when you slide the door back into the top aluminium guide the wheels are now catching on to the bottom rail of the aluminium frame. You just need to push the wheels in with a screwdriver so that it travels back in and settles on the track.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lm4
Growing in Experience

Hey @EricL thanks for the information and apologies for the late reply. I will have a go at taking the door off and accessing the wheel/springs at some point, however this issue is currently on the backburner while I try to fix up some of the other things on the todo list. I will let you know how I go.

Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated @lm4, and please reach out again if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects