Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add life to this wall?

Priya_09
Finding My Feet

How to add life to this wall?

17028584375766702544381675783101.jpg

1702858496155239901482169494575.jpg17028585103751683670501876227333.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to add life to this wall?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Priya_09. We're pleased to have you join us.

It looks like you've already done a great job to enliven a long corridor. Was there anything in particular you were thinking about to improve it even more? 

You might be inspired by what community members have done in the examples shown in 3 ways to create a feature wall. Or perhaps 5 feature walls with wainscoting?

Let me tag a few other community members for their thoughts: @prettyliving@redbournreno@Renowayoflife and @homeinmelbourne.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Afternoon @Priya_09 

Now thats an interesting question!

I like the two recessed areas. Id actually "step them up" by adding a glass front to them and lighting inside, wether its the fine sparkle lights at the base of the painting or change the light to led's inside the boxed area. 

Id install a slightly larger base at the bottom of the frame making sure its screwd down solidly, then have the glass front rest on that and be fixed at the top with some clips or another framing piece of timber. 

Instead of a painting or a picture, you could "dress" the scne much liek a shopping store window. I have a large alcove in my lkitchen I wantto do this to. Fake greenery/flowers could be used. The thing I like most about this idea is it can be changed, say for Christmas, summer and Winter.

Dave

 Hi Jason,

I want to do a easy feature wall which makes it stand out yet easy project to complete.

One thing I had in mind was a feature accent wall but will 1 accent wall look good in that long corridor and if all the walls are accent wall then will it not look too crowded.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Morning @Priya_09 

Thinking again about what you had in mind, how about some timber trim around waist to chest high running horizontaly down the corridor, painted off tone or the grey from your tiles? 

Timber mouldings and specifically 42mm * 11mm by 5.4m Pine Moulding 

You could also have some vertical pieces running from the floor to the horiontal trim. I would glue this to the wall with liquid nails, you could find the noggins and use some 40mm bullet head nails tho if you wished.

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Priya_09 

A quick way to change the look and feel of the area is to have a feature wall. Adding colour is an easy way to do it, there is also the option of adding timber features like wainscotting. You can also do a combination of both; I've placed a sample image below to give you an idea of what it could look like.

I suggest visiting your local store and picking out some colour samples from the paint department and placing them on your wall for the next few days and see which one calls out to you.

Here are some amazing wainscotting projects our Workshop members have shared:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@EricL 

Man oh man, You may have just convinced me to paint my hall! :smile:

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects