Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How many coats of x2 sealer should be applied to coasters?

Barb9
Just Starting Out

How many coats of x2 sealer should be applied to coasters?

Just wondering how many coats of X2 sealer should be applied to paper covered tile coasters 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How many coats of x2 sealer should be applied to coasters?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Barb9. We're pleased to have you join us. 

Let me tag one of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts in @EricL to assist you as soon as possible. In the meantime, could you please clarify what product you are using? You can share a photo of the product or perhaps a link to the product on the Bunnings website. It will assist Eric to give you the most accurate advice. 

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Barb9
Just Starting Out

20240124_094554.jpg

20240122_130734.jpg

20240124_094554.jpg

 this is the product used to spray over tissue covered ceramic tiles. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Barb9 

That looks like a wonderful project! Would it be possible for you to tell us a little bit about how you assembled the coasters. I'm sure our members would keen to know the details. 

In regards to the clear coating, I suggest a minimum of two coats. My best tip is to make sure that the first coat is totally cured before applying the second coat. It's important the clear coat is dry all the way through so that it does not sag when you put the second clear coat on.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects