Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Drainage hose for Ryobi wet vac RVC-1220I-G

Djarragul
Just Starting Out

Drainage hose for Ryobi wet vac RVC-1220I-G

IMG_8360.jpeg

Looking for a connection for a recently purchased RYOBI wet n dry vac. Either a purpose made drainage hose or a reducer to connect to a garden hose. Outlet is around 48mm. 

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Drainage hose for Ryobi wet vac RVC-1220I-G

Hi @Djarragul 

I cant find any specifications on outlet screw hose size.

Does the suction hose  fit on the bottom  drain hose? ie inlet and  outlet  hose.

Next best thing is to bring vacuum in to plumbing and try fittings to try match bottom  thread . Next start reducing hose size down via fittings.

I probable  would not try reduce pipe size as if you cleaned up wet leaves etc  they would clog up a reducing hose size.

Have fun.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Drainage hose for Ryobi wet vac RVC-1220I-G

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Djarragul. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a waste hose to your Ryobi vacuum.

As this unit is not designed to have a hose connected to the waste port, as @Jewelleryrescue mentioned, your best option would be to take the unit to your nearest store and see if a standard plumbing fitting could be used to adapt it. However, I have concerns that if you do attach a hose to the unit, it might not function correctly as in use this port is designed to be close off by the screwed cap. If this port is open with a hose connected to it, the unit could struggle to build the vacuum pressure required to suck items up.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects