Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Does the Ozito 850w router fit 1/2 or 1/4 or both?

ethan18
Getting Established

Does the Ozito 850w router fit 1/2 or 1/4 or both?

does the ozito 850w router fit 1/2 or 1/4 or both the corded, one

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Does the Ozito 850w router fit 1/2 or 1/4 or both?

Hello @ethan18, 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us and thank you for sharing your question about the Ozito router.

If you are referring to the Ozito 850W Router Model ROU 5000 its collet will only fit 1/4 or 6.35mm.

Were you considering purchasing one? If you're after a model that does both, I suggest having a look at the Ryobi 1600W Plunge Router it takes both 6.35mm and 12.7mm.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ethan18
Getting Established

Thank u that’s all I needed to know I will be getting the ozito router soon

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Hi @EricL,

I've had one of the Ryobi 1600W plunge routers for a year or two now, I can't recommend this tool enough!

It has the dual 1/2" and 1/4" collets and has heaps of power, what's more it has a variable speed drive in it and a soft starter,

very important when you're new to a router, it gives you more initial control over the tool, although, you should always run a cutting tool up to full speed before you contact any material, be it wood or metal.

Best tool I ever bought.

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Hi @ethan18,

Generally anything under 1000 Watts, with respect to routers, will have a 1/4" (6.35mm) collet that holds the cutting bit.

Using anything larger than a 1/4" bit would seriously overload the motor, that is why they are limited to that particular collet size.

Personally, spend a bit more and get the Ryobi one, you won't be disappointed, I've run my one for hours over a weekend with rebating walnut timber.

It never missed a beat.

Cheers,

Mike T.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @MikeTNZ 

Thanks for that extra information about the Ryobi 1600 plunge router. I believe that the soft start is one of its best features as well.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects